Re: adultery

> (Dynabook 2540 - piece of crap)

Well, you tluggers certainly are an opinionated bunch. (Not that I'm
complaining, y'understand. It's opinions that I want.)

Jonathan, thank you for all the commentary. I'll look into the IBM range.

> *  Lots of memory (it came with 64, and we got the 128 meg expansion
>    module to take it to 192 meg), and a good pointing device (it has
>    the IBM nipple, not a trackpad; we don't like trackpads).

Agreed.  But trackpads also differ. About the worst one is that on my
old Fujitsu: it's overly sensitive, and it wanders spontaneously. But
the occasional trackpad is merely dislikeable. (Incidentally, I have a
"Trackman Wheel" plugged into this; it comes with red lights for the
junior high school market, which I have come to ignore, and otherwise is
fine.)

>> If I were in the You-Ess I might well get one of these:
>> http://www.unbeatable.com/products/laptop/LaptopRB.asp .

> Wow!  Have it delivered to your desk by forklift and never
> move it again :-)

Yes, I'd noticed. . . .