Re: Netscape and Japanese

>>>>> "jdh" == John De Hoog <dehoog@example.com> writes:

    jdh> Aren't the menus determined by whether you downloaded a
    jdh> localized version of Netscape?

Yes.  But you should be able to change that yourself.  They (and the
buttons) are determined by the app-defaults files somewhere in the
Netscape installation.

    jdh> Also, since KDE has controls that supposedly set locale, but
    jdh> I've now set it not to apply this to non-KDE programs, where
    jdh> should I set LANG to ja_JP independent of this? (RH7.1)

You should be able to do this on a program-by-program basis.

If worst comes to worst, you'll have to edit the properties of the
icons/menus that you use to invoke Netscrap.

My bet is that your inability to input Japanese is probably related to
that anyway; you probably don't have XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" set in
your Netscrap's environment.