Re: Netscape and Japanese

Tobias Diedrich <ranma@example.com> wrote:

     John De Hoog wrote:

     > On the other hand, when I tried to install Netscape 4.77, all the menus
     > are totally unreadable (they look like Chinese and many of them are
     > missing).

     With KDE as Windowmanager ?
     Make sure you have unchecked the "force kde settings on non-kde apps"
     checkbox (it's not exactly this phrase but it should be somewhere near this)
     which you can find in the kde control panel (IIRC somewhere in the Themes
     settings).

It's under Styles (in Japanese), and that did the trick (only after
restarting X). Thanks. Unfortunately, I can't type Japanese in Netscape
forms (e.g., Goo search engine).

--
John De Hoog, Tokyo        <dehoog@example.com>