Re: [despammed] Re: Netscape and Japanese

on 14:54 2001/07/16 +0900, John De Hoog wrote
>Scott <scottro@example.com> wrote:
>
>      As for typing Japanese--John, aren't you running RH 7.1 J?  Or
> English with
>      Japanese support?  If the former, I have to figure out what I'm
> doing wrong.
>
>I've installed RH7.1 Japanese and designated Japanese as the default
>locale/language system wide. So for most programs I can use Japanese
>easily enough, and have Japanese menus etc. on the KDE desktop as well
>as in KDE programs. Konqueror is also Japanese.

Ahhh, ok, I feel better now.  :)  Yes, on the box running RH 7.1 J, I can
do all that.  On the English box with Japanese support, I can send Japanese
email in Pine (though not Sylpheed) and input Japanese in vi.
On the box running RH 7.1 J, with Japanese as the default language, I can
pretty much do anything, including inputting kanji as text in GIMP.

Thanks
Scott