Re: round 2

Peter,

The output from your error log looks OK. It
appears to be correctly identifying and using the
chipset in your display (cyber9382). But it
doesn't find a modeline which it likes in
the XF86Config file.

As I understand it, when the X server starts up,
it looks at each of the modelines in the XF86Config
file in turn, validating them against the capabilities
of the card/monitor. It then uses the first one
that works. So when it says "deleted", it just means
that the mode line didn't match and would not be
considered.

I would guess that you need to specify your modeline
explicitly. Or you need to specify the display
better, so the X server knows what it can do.

There are a bunch of sample laptop XF86Config files
for various Japanese laptops on this page. I bet
you can get what you need.

http://www.sanpei.org/Laptop-X/Laptop-X/

Regards,
Jake