Re: Apache fails to start under RH7.1

Found the problem. Easy solution but I would never have guessed it.

Basically I removed my machine's host name and gave it the generic one
(localhost). But this is just a hack since I figure it's not a good idea t
all to use localhost as a host name for a machine that needs to be
accessible on our LAN.

Don't know exactly why this was a problem though. Can anyone enlighten me?

Also, where is the hostname kept in RH7.1? I thought it was in
/etc/sysconfig/network, but when I deleted the hostname line and rebooted my
machine remembered it's old name . . .

Jc