Mandrake 8.0 installation problem

Hello, everyone.

I have been having some trouble installing MandrakeLinux 8.0 on my Fujitsu
laptop. If anyone here can help me fix the problems I'm having, I will not
only be eternally grateful, but will also name all of my children after you
and erect a huge monument in your honor (okay, some of this is a lie, but I
will be very grateful!).

Upon completing the installation, the system reboots and hums along until it
gets to the point where the on-screen message reads, "Current State: X
Windowing System," then I get a message that reads, "[K," at which point a
frowning face appears and everything stops.

I suspect that this may be due to insufficient information about the
computer's monitor and video card, which I was forced to guess during the
last stage of the installation.

Someone from the Nihongo Computing list sent me a link to Fujitsu's site
that listed the specs of all the laptops in the Biblo line up to the model
*immediately preceding* mine. Browsing around Fujitsu's site for more time
than I would like to admit has not turned up any additional information and
the tons of "Internet nyumon" stuff that Fujitsu was thoughtful enough to
pack into the box is completely useless.

If anyone has had any experience installing Linux on a Fujitsu laptop,
preferably an FMV-Biblo NE VIII 23X, I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Best regards,

Sako Eaton