Re: MySQL/PHP

> Do:
>  cd /var/lib/mysql
>  ls
>  Is there a "mysql.sock" file listed? If not it means mysql has not been
> started.

Yes, there's a file named "mysql.sock".

> Did you install mysql from rpm? If so, try going to /etc/init.d and see

I installed everything from the RH7.1 CDs ( two of them ) I don't really
know if it's rpm or not.

> if there a file called mysql (or similar). If so try running it without
> any parameters, and it should give you some help. You'll then want to do
> something like "/etc/init.d/mysql start".

I had to do "/etc/init.d/mysqld start". Is it same as "/etc/init.d/mysql
start"? Little "d" at the end of "mysql" is making me nervus. I do the
similar thing when I start http too. It's httpd. What's a "d" for?

Liton