From: Ahmed Sarwar Liton [mailto:leyton@example.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2001 11:09 PM
To: Linux User group Tokyo
Subject: MySQL/PHP

HI,

I have been trying so hard to make a connection with
my MySQL by typing these:

[root @example.com liton]# mysql -u root create mydb
mysqladmin:connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql//msql.sock' (2)
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket:
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
exists!

I absolutely have no idea about what this means. Can someone help?
Thanks in advance.

Liton

Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, Aug 10 19:30-  Tengu Tokyo Eki-Mae
Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, Sep ?? 13:30-  Akasaka Kumin Center