Re: Wireless LAN

Hello,

  I think that Linux-2.2.19 and pcmcia-cs-3.1.26 recognize the Wireless
LAN card beautifully. I think that the kernel 2.2.14 or after can handle
the wlan devices correctly.

In message <4.3.2-J.20010715014419.03173588@example.com>you write:
> So, did anyone succeed in using Wireless LAN in Linux?
>
> I got as far as to get the machine to recognize the card.
> But then it says something like
>
> Invalid MAC : FF:FF:FF:,,,

  Which card are you using, Yamagata-san?

> I probably am not giving it the ESSID properly.  Can anyone give me a
> success story?

  I refered these pages when I set up my wireless card. Probably,
/etc/pcmcia/config.opts file is the key point. Config file for pcmcia
devices are sometimes changed. Be carefull about the version of your
pcmcia_cs module.

http://his.luky.org/WLAN/wlan.html
http://www.linuxPPC.ne.jp/update/updatewireless.html

== Money is one of the minimum conditions to do anything, but... =======