Re: japanese 106 kb not acting as such :)

Hi,

From: Matt Doughty <mdoughty@example.com>
Subject: Re: japanese 106 kb not acting as such :)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:42:50 +0900

> > /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
> >
> > file says
> >
> > $cat /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
> > KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"
> > KEYTABLE="jp106"
> >
> > I am not sure if this changes the key mapping in Gnome.
> >
> It is for the console. X and console keymappings are completely unrealated.

If you uncomment XkbDisable in XF86Config/XF86Config-4, key map in
console is inherited.

(I know you'll have some troble in Blender if you uncomment XkbDisable.
It might be so in other applications. But configuring once is nice).

> Also I believe that is RH-ism. the keymap locations are different on most
> other systems.

Redhat may use different location for keymap files, but they use
/etc/sysconfig/keyboard.

I remember one thing. The English version of Redhat6.2 included a bad
jp106.kmap.  Get a keymap file from Vine. VA Linux enhanced Redhat6.2
also had the same problem.