Shutdown/Power Off

Hi all,

1 RH7.1 system does not shut down properly. (Other distros do) The "System
now reboot/shutdown" message remains and doesn't reboot/shutdown. How can I
fix it so that it will turn off the power?

2 I installed VMWare and have it run successfully. After I installed
WIndows98, it checks memory and shows the startup screen and ...goes to
black.  Does anyone have any clue what is wrong?

Thanks in advance!

--
BABA Yoshihiko
Town Planning