Re: round 2

Peter Evans wrote:

> Is it better -- read, *easier* for a goofball like myself --
> (a) first to install RH without any PCMCIA (/Cardbus) card in the slots
> and later to add the cards and support for them, or
> (b) to have both cards plugged into the slots from the start as I
> start to install RH?
>
> If it matters, the cards I have in mind are (i) Ratoc Rex-CB31 CardBus
> SCSI ("Linux Ready!"),

If you're installing from a CD on a SCSI CD drive connected through this
card, then (b), or at least half of (b), will be easier than (a).

> and (ii) Corega FEther PCC-TXD LAN [not CardBus, I think] ("Linux OK!").

If you're installing from files served by another machine on the network
connected through this card, then (b), or at least half of (b), will be
easier than (a).

Otherwise the answer is (c), none of the above.  Neither is easier than the
other.

Be warned that some installers croak when they discover that you have PCMCIA
slots.  In these cases, it doesn't matter if you have cards in the slots or
not.  In these cases, rebooting and trying to install in expert mode might
help.

Sincerely,
Norman Diamond