round 2

Round one of mein Kampf to install GNU/Linux ended with me on the ropes,
but I'm not yet ready to concede defeat. Tomorrow, I try again! Being a
cowardly conformist, I'm not going to try to install Slackware or even
Debian, just boring old RH 7.1. However, before I start, a single and I
hope simple question:

Is it better -- read, *easier* for a goofball like myself --

(a) first to install RH without any PCMCIA (/Cardbus) card in the slots
and later to add the cards and support for them, or

(b) to have both cards plugged into the slots from the start as I
start to install RH?

If it matters, the cards I have in mind are (i) Ratoc Rex-CB31 CardBus SCSI ("Linux Ready!"),
and (ii) Corega FEther PCC-TXD LAN [not CardBus, I think] ("Linux OK!").

Many thanks for your continuing patience.