Re: RH 6.2 install causes screen to explode

Matt Doughty:

> I know it has been said, but may have been forgotten in
> the blather. It is entirely possible that your video card
> isn't supported by XF86 3.3.X in which case you are wasting
> time with RH 6.2.

Good point.  (Incidentally, I picked up a copy of July's Linux Journal
on the way here this morning; this has RH 7.1.)

> Also, can you tell us exactly what graphics card you have,
> appologies if you already said, and I missed it.

None of you has any need to apologize to me. It's the other way around.
Anyway, I have a Trident Cyber 9382 -- or so says the apparently
authoritative http://www.fmworld.net/annc/linux/chip_info_noteold.html

I've by no means closed my mind to alternatives to RH, either.  But I
have heard that Debian (let alone Slackware) is more difficult to
install.

Uh-oh, I have to run to attend to one of the parts of my job that I'm
actually paid to attend to.