Re: RH 6.2 install causes screen to explode

> Well, since it seems that RH 7.1 isn't necessarily enormous and is
> at least better than RH 6.2, and since I do already possess an enormous
> book about the presumably similar 7.0, I'm tempted to get that. Advice
> and contumely are welcome!

I will continue to recommend debian. Having been on both sides I am very
glad I switched to debian from RH. apt-get rules.

> (As for FreeBSD, my iggernant impression is that it's still more solid
> than Linux for servers.  But I have no aspiration of setting up a
> server; I'm just Joe Schmoe with a laptop. Maybe Linux has more to offer
> me. Correct me -- or attack me with sarcasm and soft cushions -- if I'm
> wrong.)
FreeBSD is certainly a valid choice from the desktop side. I think the
biggest thing you get from linux over the BSDs is a wider amount of available
software though I think linux emulation, and the Ports system makes up for it.
I use netbsd, because I was (forcefully??) converted though I really like it
now.  I only use linux on SMP box at home because the kernel locks are more
granular than those available on FreeBSD at this time, and NetBSD still doesn't
have a very stable SMP kernel atleast not that plays nice with raidframe,
but I ramble.

//Matt