Re: RH 6.2 install causes screen to explode

> Oh. Thank you. Meanwhile, libgdk doesn't appear in the indexes of either
> of my fat books devoted to RH 6.0 (let alone the joke of a booklet
> provided in The Actual Official RH 6.2 package).

It is associated with gtk unless I miss my guess. I'm not sure where
redhat sticks it.

> I'm not going to give up Linux, but I am close to giving up RH 6.2.
> Luckily Akihabara -- with Laox and its collection of back issues of
> Japanese computer magazines (and even shrinkwrapped boxes) -- is very
> close to my office. But before I toddle off there, pray tell me:
>
> -- If I get a US version of Debbie and Ian's distro, is the installation easy
> to Japanize?

I would think it isn't that difficult. Well not more difficult than other
distro's anyway.

> -- If I get a Japan-market version, is the installation rigmarole in
> Japanese?

I'm not sure since debian isn't very market oriented.  I would assume this
is configurable.

> -- Is any book worth buying, and if so, which?
>
> I already have a pile of Linuxlit, but nothing that's Debian specific.
> (I have, or have easy access to, RH5.x-, RH7.x-, and Slackware-specific
> books, as well as distro-unspecific stuff.)

Any good unix should be fine.  I'm not much of one for distro specific books.
The main diffs are pretty easy to grasp. (a few layout differences for /etc,
a differences in the use of run levels, rpm vs. apt and dpkg are the main ones
that come to mind)

//Matt