OFF TOPIC: Need An Office

Sorry for this off-topic post, but I think this community of people might be able to help me--lots of people who work from home and/or work via the net. (And I cleared it with the list-mom.)

I work from home. But I have two children and a babysitter running around here all day, making it very difficult to get anything done (even with earplugs and headphones). So, I'm thinking about trying to set up a Very Cheap Office. (VCO, not SOHO ;-) ) Actually, I want more of a "work room away from home" than an office.

I'm looking for one of two things:

OPTION 1
Find desk-space at an existing office that has good bandwidth and no dress code. ;-)

OPTION 2
Find someone who would like to go in with me on renting a small apartment (I'm thinking a 1K, maybe 6 or 8 mats) in an area supported by ADSL, cable or even better, Usen's fiber optic connection. I'm thinking very basic: desk, computer, coffee pot and hopefully a nearby vending machine or convenience store. No music unless it comes via headphones.
I live in Yoga in Setagaya-ku (if you've been to Sun Microsystems Japan you've been to Yoga). It's the 5th stop on the Shin Tamagawa Line out of Shibuya. The closer the office is to my place the better.

Actually, I've found a place in my neighborhood and if anyone would be willing to split the costs (about 45,000 yen/month), I'd probably move in tomorrow.

FYI...my company makes an on-line education platform (linux/php4/postgres) and educational content for this platform. We have employees in Canada, US, Italy, Hawaii and Tokyo: everyone works from home or is outsourced to an office.

Thanks for any help you can give me,
Rod

Rod Holmes
Eight13 LLC