Re: Localhost connection refused

John De Hoog (dehoog@example.com) wrote:

> 200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.9.19 running at localhost.localdomain
>
> But when I try to access localhost from an NNTP client, I get Connection
> refused.

News servers are pretty far off my radar, having never had any
personal interest or professional need to administer one, and
leaf node is not installed on any system I use, so this could be
a stupid request, but does leafnode use a config file?  If so,
does that config file allow you to specify what hosts can connect?
One would hope so.  Perhaps its default is to allow no connections at
all.  This is also a Good Thing.

If it has a config file, and if a default deny from all is a
possibility (or even if not), let us see your leafnode config file.
Maybe some clues will present themselves.

Jonathan
--
There is Bag of Modul in the router