Enabling Fast Ethernet

Hi,

I just upgraded my 10BaseT pcmcia to a Laneed 10/100Mbps one. The good
thing was that all i had to do was remove the old one and insert the new
one and the network was back up.

The only thing I cant figure out is how to switch from 10 to 100Mbps.
Right now Im just using it with a cross cable and no switch, but I
suspect that has nothing to do with the problem. The light on the
adapter remains at 10 even if the cables arent connected.

The kernel is compiled with an 'NE2000 Compatible' built into it and the
rest built as modules. Should this be taken out and built as a module as
well? Anything I need to 'echo' in /proc to enable this?

Thanks,

asz