Re: terminal window size question

[Jean-Christian Imbeault (terminal window size question) writes:]
>> I'm using a windows 2000 MS-DOS window to telnet to my RH6.2 box. Everything
>> is fine except that I find myself wanting more than the default height of 25
>> lines.
>>
>> I've tried changing the MS-DOS window properties but that didn't help. I
>> changed the window height from 25 to 40 lines. But if I telnet to my Linux
>> box as soon as I hit the 26th line the window resets itself to 25 lines.
>>
>> Does anyone know how I can fix this? Is it a win2k problem or a terminal
>> setting on my Linux box I can changed?

It's the fault of the *DUMB* telnet client in Whinedoze. Use something
better, e.g. Teraterm, which has a SSH wrapper, and can even "do"
Japanese text in Japanese Windblows, (and may even do this on Whin1984
too.)

Jim

--
Jim Breen  [j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298