Re: shell on Win32

[gavin.walker@example.com (Re: shell on Win32) writes:]
>> You could install the whole cygwin kit and kaboodle, which is pretty good and
>> handles the vagaries of Windows as elegantly as can be expected. I put it on my
>> machine to play around with Palm development, but it's pretty much replaced my
>> use of DOS now. Bit big though if all you want is a shell, but you can custom
>> install just that maybe...

I have cygwin too. Not at all bad. I have used it for porting vanilla
C command-line programs to win32, and also for mixed C/tcl/tk. It comes
with Tcl/tk 8.0 which is a bit old, but there are downloads which bring
it up to 8.3.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  [j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298