Re: not-even-newbie printer question

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Peter Evans wrote:

> The Brother HL-1270N does seem good:

Personal experience about that printer:

Be sure to get extra memory. The printer prints a _very_ annoying error
message page every few pages if you print a large PS document with lots of
bitmaps. (Heh, it's ruined a couple of documents I wanted to print
two-sided to cut costs...)

It's slow. It is unreliable in respect to printing from the right paper
cartridge. If you need to print a lot / automatically to different kinds
of paper etc., consider getting a Lexmark or a HP, for example. For small
scale printing of documents the 1270N is all right.

--
            Tapio Peltonen <tappel@example.com>
         [http://www.cc.jyu.fi/cgi-bin/finger?macky@example.com]