Re: Software Store

A.Sajjad Zaidi (sajjad@example.com) wrote:

> A colleague had the same keyboard, but he wasnt that happy with it. He kept
> missing keystrokes unless the IR receiver was positioned just right. It kept
> getting worse and finally had to be replaced with a corded M$ natural keyboard.

I've found the mouse to be a lot more sensitive than the keyboard, but yes,
they are somewhat sensitive to positioning and to RF interference.
Heavy solar storms do seem to affect them.  I have also found that if
another person near me has one, they step on each other and the only
solution is to banish the other person across the room.  The driver
software in Windows allows for manual channel changing, but I suspect that
since there is no software for this in Linux (not from Logitech anyway,
and no third-party software that I know of), you get stuck on one channel
and always get stomped in frequency conflicts.

One thing Logitech recommends and which I have found *really* helps is
to not have the receiver unit (it's not IR, BTW, it's radio) sitting
directly on a metal surface, but to put a book or mousepad under it.
That small tweak greatly improved reliability.  I like this cordless
keyboard and mouse so much that I bought them for home use as well.

Jonathan