Re: Software Store

Jonathan Q wrote:

> Objective tests (sorry, no URL anymore) have found no
> speed difference between Dvorak and QWERTY - so you probably
> won't find any speed difference, ever.  The gist of the tests
> was that typists sent to school for the Dvorak keyboard
> were typing faster than typists on QWERTY keyboards, but when
> the QWERTY typists were also sent to a training program, they came
> back typing just as fast as the DVORAK typists.

Yeah ive heard similar things, but cant say anything until ive used it a bit
longer. Comfort was important since speed doesnt make much of a difference with
shell/perl scripts or general linux use.

When I was trying to switch to dvorak, I started an extra X session to practice
dvorak and kept the qwerty X running so I could switch back, but forgot all
about it until a few days ago. Just love what you can do with linux.

> However, typing comfort is very important, so if you've gotten
> that out of it, then it it sounds like it was worth switching.
> I know that when I switched to a Logitech cordless keyboard
> (the "natural" one) it made a huge difference for me.  It's not
> Dvorak, but it's worlds more comfortable than a standard keyboard.
>
> Jonathan

A colleague had the same keyboard, but he wasnt that happy with it. He kept
missing keystrokes unless the IR receiver was positioned just right. It kept
getting worse and finally had to be replaced with a corded M$ natural keyboard.
Hope you dont have that kind of problem.

asz