PHP/ configure ?

Hi,

I've been trying to install PHP 4.0.5 in my RH 7.1. To do that
I'm supposed to configure by

./configure  --enable-track-vars \
                  --with-gd \
                  --with-mysql \
                  --with-apxs=/www/bin/apxs

But, I can't find where "apxs" is. Can somebody please tell me
how to figure out the directory for "apxs"? Thanks in advance.

(The manual that I have says, most of the time apxs is in the same
directory as the Apache executable. But, I can't fined Apache either.
I installed Apache , its in the computer somewhere.)

Liton