fake or heartbeat

I'm looking for a nice opensource s/w solution to running two solaris
web servers as either a virtual server (ie some sort of cluster) or
one in failover mode (ie takes over when other one stops responding).
I don't want to involve a third box infront of them unless it is a cheap
appliance (ie no more than 300,000 yen or so). Introducing a third box
to manage this anyway is another single point of failure, right? This site
won't see much traffic so the idea is just to have more uptime than a
single machine could give me.

Linux seems to have nice tools for doing this with fake and heartbeat.
What are the options for solaris? Currently heartbeat doesn't support
solaris and fake I believe never did. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

The aim is to have either box to go down and for the site to continue, perhaps
with a small delay on the initial failover.

Thanks,

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com