Re: selecting DB on linux

Hi Jonathan,

Perhaps the URL's listed below will answer some of you questions.

1)MySQL and PostgreSQL Compared
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20000705.php3

2)Open Source Databases: As The Tables Turn
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20001112.php3

3)PostgreSQL - wisconsion benchmark (in Japanese and outdated maybe)
http://www.sra.co.jp/people/t-ishii/PostgreSQL/bench/bench.html

4)MySQL Developer Contests PostgreSQL Benchmarks
http://www.devshed.com/BrainDump/MySQL_Benchmarks/

5)The Open Source Database Benchmark
http://osdb.sourceforge.net/

6)Comparing MySQL to Postgresql
http://www.slashdot.org/askslashdot/99/08/10/0416205.shtml

7)Interview: Bruce Momjian (Postgresql Developer had been in Tokyo
                            a couple of months ago, I think)
http://lwn.net/2001/features/Momjian/

8)MySQL offers lighter database fare, but it may leave some users hungry
http://www.zdnet.com/enterprise/stories/linux/news/0,6423,2436155,00.html
This was an intresting article on ZDNET but the link seems to be broken.

Cheers

Venkatesh
Osaka