Re: Unicode TTF containing CJK?

Jim Breen wrote:

> All the more reason to upgrade to 7.1, I guess (hoping, of
> course, that its X supports the Savage S3).

Even the X in RH7 describes itself as supporting S3.

> That's the risk - it's
> bloody had to go backwards after a failed upgrade.

For testing purposes, I suggest doing a clean install.  If you have
sufficient disk space, make a new partition for it and hide the old
partition(s) except that it's safe to use the same swap partition.
Otherwise use something like Ghost[*] to back up your Linux partitions onto
an external drive if it will do so.  Otherwise physically swap out your
internal hard drive and swap in a new one.

[*  I don't know if Norton Ghost will handle Linux partitions but in raw
block mode it seems it ought to.  Does anyone know if Gnu is working on a
free copy of Ghost?  Anyone know what it will be called, maybe scriptghost?
^_^ ]