From: Tony Laszlo [mailto:laszlo@example.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 7:05 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: IP Masquerade and rh7.1

Hello all.

I am struggling along with ip-masquerade for the 2.4.x
kernel. I have set it up for the 2.2.x kernel, but things
have changed quite a bit, it seems.
Following the directions in the new FAQ, I confirmed that
the relevant modules exist. This, plus a note which says that
2.4.x kernels should already be capable of ip-masq makes me think
that it is. But, when I run the script they give (/etc/rc.d/rc.firewall)
by hand to test things, everything comes up unresolved. :( .
Looks like it is not going to be as easy as that.

The default rules for the firewall are being executed without
error, it seems. And I haven't really touched much, but I did
bring in the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ files and /etc/ppp/
files from the old system (to get the ppp right).

Any hints would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony Laszlo
Tokyo

Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, June 15 19:30-  Tengu Tokyo Eki-Mae
Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, July 14 13:30-