From: Simon Cozens [mailto:simon@example.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 11:10 AM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: Offtopic, inappropriate jokes?

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 07:44:19PM +0900, Frank BENNETT (フランク ベネット
) wrote:
> Normally, yes.  That's why I hypothesized a law against entry or the
> systematic kneecapping of competitors in my silly example: there have to
be
> high barriers to entry for monopolistic profiteering to work.

Right! So the only time anti-monopoly laws should come into play are
when legislators have done something stupid. So it *is* to protect
against legislation. Putting it another way, anti-monopoly laws reflect
the legislature's inability to keep tabs on itself.

--
<fimmtiu> Sucks really Forth. Ugh.