Re: named at startup?

--On Monday, June 11, 2001 03:13:12 AM +0000 Jean-Christian Imbeault
<jean_christian@example.com> wrote:

> I'm running RH 7.1 and have just compiled BIND 9.1.2. What are the many
[...]
> I wanted to use chkconfig, setup or ntsysv but since I installed from
> source  they don't have entries for named.

It is easy to add chkconfig support to the script you use to start
named by adding a couple of comment lines:

# chkconfig: - 55 45

The first line specifies the run levels it applies to, and the start and
stop priority levels.  'man chkconfig' for details.