i810 graphics card (was Re: XFree86 4.0.3 segfault problem..).

>Scott Stone wrote:
>> forgive my ignorance but what is a "DDC" problem?  sounds like I heard that

>> acronym before but I can no longer place it as my head is currently filled

>> with work-related drivel...
>
>DDC=Display Data Channel
>The GFX Card will query your Monitor capabilities with this, so
>you don't have to set Minimum/Maximum Sync & Refresh ratios.

I just got Debian Linux running on a system with an i810e
chip set. The monitor supports DDC, so does that mean I
can safely remove the hsync and vsync values from my
XFConfig file? Do I need other special flags to tell the
driver to use DDC?

Also, my monitor supports a wide 1280x768 graphics mode but
I can't seem to get X11 to do anything but 1024x768, so I
can't use the full screen. Does the linux i810 driver
support 1280x768 and how to I configure X do use it?

Thanks,

Jimmy Lefkowitz