Re: Second X server

Bruno Raoult wrote:

> Of course, I should RTFM, but I cannot find the information:

man startx ??

> I wish,
> when I log on with xdm (I mean with my login,
> which means this should be a user config, not a system-wide one), to
> start a second X server on display :1,
> with an alternative XFConfig file.

I don't know how it's possible through an xdm but you can easily start X on a
second display from the text console.
`startx -- :1` does the trick.
For using an alternate config, see the XF86Config manpage.

> Also, no window manager should be started on this server.
> As no wm should be started, I would like to launch an xterm, but in this
> case, I am not sure I could get
> the focus.

The easiest way might be just to add another user to your system with a
customized .xinitrc.

--
B0Ti.