From: Larry Stanbery [mailto:stanbery@example.com]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 4:54 AM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Moving from Netware to Linux

Greetings.

After lurking for a bit, sifting what I could find on the Net, and rejoicing
at discovering ACLs for Linux (though still having a bear of a time getting
it
to boot), I've decided to ask for the collective wisdom of TLUG.

I work in a Mac/PC/Japanese/English environment, all using a Netware 4.11
server.  We're looking at Linux, and I've almost got them convinced.  The
only
problem I'm running into is getting the multi-byte-named files from the
Netware server into Linux.

Right now, after mounting a Netware volume under Linux, I can see the
English
files, but not the Japanese files.  I saw an option to do something about
code
pages and character sets on the ncpmount, however I'm still not sufficiently
versed to have a clue what might work.

So, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks much...

Larry Stanbery

Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, June 15 19:30-  Tengu Tokyo Eki-Mae
Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, July 14 13:30-