Re: written material on mandrake 8.0 ??

Kde may be a little different because you can compile it yourself or get
one of the many pre-compiled packages, but working with a kernel is
generic enouch that you dont need seperate info for each distro.

For most people, the best way is to build a customized kernel to suit your
needs. You can get detailed information in /usr/src/linux/README or at
http://www.kernel.org

I would recommend compiling your own kernel for lots of reasons. Its
amazing how much you can learn about hardware and Linux from that.

Start by customizing your current one.

asz