From: bennett@example.com [mailto:bennett@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 9:25 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: Offtopic, inappropriate jokes?

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 12:44:15PM +0900, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> Am I alone in believing that the main TLUG list is an inappropriate forum
> for these jokes?

>msdavid@example.com responded:
>> Jokes, General Conversation (hopefully linux related :-)

[snip]
>> from  http://tlug.linux.or.jp/list.html

The jokes are supposed to be funny.

Separately, there was recently a flurry of little panics
about a "SULFBK.EXE" virus.  The warning came to a colleague
via a Mongolian correspondent, who claimed that their entire
lab had been infected.  Click here, click there, delete this
file, the instructions said, and hurry up because it will do
all sorts of unthinkably nasty things on 1 June.  And send this
message to everyone you have ever corresponded with.

Sound familiar?  Anyone remember a TLUG posting that began,
"This virus operates on the honor system"?

Cheers,
Frank