Re: Offtopic, inappropriate jokes?

(this is the _last_ time that I will respond to this thread.  As Steve
said, procmail rules)

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 06:51:29PM +0900, msdavid wrote:

> Mr. Sekiya could you clarify those "words"?

Certainly.

You appear to have the impression that TLUG is a democracy.

It is not.

In fact, it is mostly anarchy -- apart from a few points that are run as
an absolute dictatorship.

The operation of the TLUG server is an example of the latter.  The nomikais
are an example of the former.

The operation of the mailing lists, however, fall into a grey area.  In the
past there have been unpleasant incidents.  People have been asked to leave
the list, people have been forcibly removed from the list.

What is the criteria for removal?  Persisting in posting off-topic/undesireable
messages to the list, after being politely[1] asked to desist, qualifies.

Typically, removal occurs after TLUG members complain to the listmaster.
The listmaster attempts to determine whether the removal is warranted, and
acts accordingly.

In such cases, it is a good idea to _not_ have annoyed the listmaster.  Benefit
of the doubt and all that.

I'm the listmaster, at least for the time being.  Hence the not-too-subtle
warning.

-- Chris
	"The only box we've ever had owned was running OpenBSD." -- J. Byrne

[1] I'm not referring to myself here -- others dropped hints.  They were
    apparently disregarded.