Re: Kernel patches

Tobias Diedrich は下記を書きました。
> SN_Diamond schrieb:
>
> > patch-2.4.5.bz2 is about 0.8MB in size.  But the contents of the patch file
> > look like it should still be applied to the 2.4.0 sources not to the 2.4.4
>
> Huh ?
> It's applied agains 2.4.4, I don't know why you think otherwise...

You are right.  The first line says:
   diff -u --recursive --new-file v2.4.4/linux/CREDITS linux/CREDITS
which means that the old version is in the v2.4.4 directory and the new
version is in the current directory (well, in the tree below the current
directory except for the v2.4.4 subdirectory).

For some reason I had the opposite impression when reading an earlier patch
some time ago.  I didn't have time to do an upgrade this way yet, so didn't
get a correction for my misreading until now.  Sorry.

Actually, ATT just started getting the Linux Kernel mailing list as a
newsgroup and I read a few recent messages.  It looks like 2.4.6 might have
an important bug fix and I might not take the time to try building 2.4.5
either.

(For some reason I had time to build 2.4.2 when it was released, and even
hack the USB keyboard driver to make some Japanese USB keyboards work, but
not all.  I don't remember why I had so much time available though.  Can
anyone help with that, I could sure use more.)

-- Norman Diamond