Re: SPARCstation 5 - where to start?

There's a link to a very small amount of Sun kit too:

http://www.ottonet.co.jp/top/menu/TOP_M0200.htm

Ultra 5 for 10 Man, although they had an ad outside the shop saying 6...

Gavin

Internet
Norman.Diamond@example.com - 06/06/2001 01:40 PM

Please respond to tlug@example.com
To:   tlug

cc:

bcc:  Gavin WALKER

Subject:  Re: SPARCstation 5 - where to start?

Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> SN_Diamond (Norman.Diamond@example.com) wrote:
>
> > I visited the shop several times, and often look at their web page.  A lot
> > of their used stuff is priced higher than new stuff.  Maybe it depends on
> > how many years the stuff has been sitting on the shelves.
>
> Not unless you think an SS-20 with 64 meg, color FB, a 1 or 2 GB disk and
> a CD-ROM for about 35,000 yen is priced higher than new.  Their SGI
> kit also is priced quite low.  If anything, they seem to be the
> low-price leader on used

-->  Sun & SGI  <--

> gear.

Could be.  I've occasionally noticed some used old old old Sun stuff in
Akihabara but had no reason to look closely.  Haven't noticed used
not-so-old Sun stuff but you could be right about that.

> Are you sure we're talking about the same place?

Otto.

> What did you see there that was priced higher than new?

PC stuff on their shelves and PC stuff on
http://www.ottonet.co.jp/used/20010.HTM
for example.

Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, June 15 19:30-  Tengu Tokyo Eki-Mae
Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, July 14 13:30-
more info: http://www.tlug.gr.jp           Sponsor: Global Online Japan

This message and any attachments (the "message") are intended solely for
the addressees and are confidential.  If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender.

Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.

The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message.  BNP PARIBAS
(and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message
if modified.
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sint confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le detruire et d'en avertir
immediatement l'expediteur.

Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme a sa destination, toute
diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf
autorisation expresse.

L'internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'integrite de ce message, BNP
PARIBAS (et ses filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce