Re: SPARCstation 5 - where to start?

On Tue, 2001 Jun 5 Scott Stone wrote:

-> is the 110 a Sun CPU or is it a Ross CPU?  I heard that Linux/BSD has
-> trouble running on sun4m boxes with Ross CPUs, but that was just one
-> person saying that, I haven't researched it on my own.  I'm sure
-> others on this list (Chris? :) ) would know the answer more
-> definitively.

No problem at all. I'm happily running redhat 5.0 (though I'm not sure
at the moment how much of original RH has left on the box by now) on
SS20 with Ross chip. Never had any problems.

--dmytro
-> Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
-> Senior Technical Consultant - UNIX and Networking
-> Taos, the Sysadmin Company - Santa Clara, CA
->
->