RE: Partition size

On 05-Jun-2001 Scott Stone wrote:
> nah you can make it whatever size you want.  The basic rule is, make it
> twice the size of your physical memory.  BUT:
>
> 1) don't make it smaller than 32mb
> 2) you *can't* make it larger than 128mb - well, you CAN, but Linux will
> only address 128 megs worth.  Or did they fix that?

They must have fixed it because I have 36 GB of swap on my alpha. Or is that
only on 64-bit machines?
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu@example.com
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl.html
http://musuko.uchicago.edu/pubkey.asc for PGP Public Key
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
Over the shoulder supervision is more a need of the manager than the
programming task.