From: B0Ti [mailto:9915104t@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 4:18 AM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: So SLOW!!

Liton wrote:

>  After using about two hours and half or so my laptop
> starts freezing. It happend with KDE. I'm not sure if the same thing's
going
> to happen to Gnome too. The computer gets so hot.

You need to find the cause. The problem might be that your laptop is not
cooled/ventillated properly and the processor overheats.
Try running cpu hungry applications on the text console (without starting
X),
compiling kernels in an endless loop is a good test for this. If it can go
on
for a week without freezing then the problem might be with your video card
driver in XFree, or something else.

--
B0Ti.