Re: cron/logrotate

[Jake Morrison <jake_morrison@example.com>] correctly pointed out:

>I think, in the case of Apache, you would be better
>off running Apache's rotatelogs utility.

I totally agree. Unfortunately it seems that Apache 1.3.12 either didn't
come with rotatelogs or it wasn't installed by the rpm.

I'm trying to find out how to painlessly upgrade to 1.3.20 which does have
rotatelogs included. As soon as that't done I'll start using it.

But I also have to also do a search on how to use rotatelogs ^_^ ... seems
easy enough but I'm not sure yet on how to make it save backups as log.1,
log.2 ... or how to tell it to only keep 4 of them.

Of course rolling my own sounds like fun too but between setting up Apache,
working on our DNS set-up, kicking whiny win2k machines, making our NT
domain server co-exist with our samba server ... :)

But then again a little bit of coding actually sounds more relaxing than
interopability problem solving!

Jc