Re: cron/logrotate

> > > 7.6M Jun  2 23:43 access_log.1
> >
> Which leads me to ask, "why was it rotated at 23:43" when the crontab
> specifically runs cron.daily (which rotatelogs is called from) at 4:02am?

What I meant was that when the log is rotated it doesn't alter the
datestamp. So your access log had it's last hit at 23:43, so that was
the datestamp at 4:02am when it was rotated (i.e. renamed). This implies
you had no hits between 23:43 and 4am.

Also, if you gzip the files, the datestamp will still stay as 23:43.

Darren