iBook prices

Hi. I've got a friend who's looking to buy a fairly low-spec iBook;
they're about to move to the UK, and wondered whether it would be
cheaper to buy in Japan or in the UK. The cheapest I can find here -
academic discount - is 870 pounds (14.7 Man) for 500MHz, 64M RAM, 10GB
disk, modem, CDROM and ethernet. That's basically around the sort of
thing they want. Do any of the Akihabara gurus know of any better prices?

--
A successful [software] tool is one that was used to do something
undreamed of by its author.