Re: More Module Mayhem [Mastered]

On Sat, 2 Jun 2001 twistedhammer@example.com wrote:

> It sounds like the init script that failed had brought up some of the
> parport_pc's dependencies. Thus the parport_pc module loaded
> fine. insmod has no knowledge of dependencies. Instead try
> 'modprobe parport_pc'. modprobe is a wrapper program for insmod
> that examines the output of 'depmod -a'.

  Thanks, James.  This does indeed do the trick.  I guess I should have
known this, but somehow it had just never sunk in.  That's got things
working again just in the nick of time.  I really need to be able to
do some printing from a virtual machine today.  Thanks again.

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan