Re: Is my DNS setup "logical"?

Oh, another related question.

Our domain (as assigned by our ISP) is hmv.co.jp.  Will it be possible for
me to set up the DNS server to give back internal LAN addresses for queries
to sites such as internal.hmv.co.jp, but pass on queries for requests for
hmv.co.jp?

Right now in my reading it seems that I need a domain name (for the SOA
records), but I don't really want one. I just want people to access local
machines. But just to be safe I guess I should use a sub-domain of our
assigned domain name?

I'm confused as to how to translate this into an SOA record though.

I'd like to say that machine intranet.hmv.co.jp is autoritative for zone
intranet.hmv.co.jp but I would write that as:

intranet.hmv.co.jp IN SOA intranet.hmv.co.jp poorme.hmv.co.jp ()

But for some reason I don't think this would work ...

Jc