Re: Kristofer.bergstrom's Kmail Konundrum

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 06:31:09PM +0900, Dennis McMurchy wrote:

>   My scripts using 'fetchmail' to download my email from the POP server
> still work just fine, but the one-liner script I use to flush the
> messages queued up in sendmail only works if I run it as 'root' now.
> Even making it setuid 'root' doesn't seem to help.

Setting the suid bit on a script under Linux will not make the script run
suid.  Suid scripts are a recognized (and very serious) security hole, so
rightly designed OS's just don't recognize them anymore.  (At least that is
what I have been told on several occasions by People Who Have Forgotten More
About OS Design Than I Will Ever Know.)