Re: Apache rotate log config option is where?

>Apache restarts are usually in roots crontab (because only root can
>assign port 80). So become root and type "crontab -l".

Unfortunately Apache's restart is not under root's crontab. My feeling is
that Apache is not actually being restarted. logrotate is sending apache a
kill -HUP signal. (/etc/logrotate.d/apache is the conf file for this).

>But maybe redhat's apache rpm puts it in /etc/cron.weekly (or
>.monthly/daily/hourly).

Actually it seems RH uses something called logrotate to manage log
rotations. The conf file can be found under /etc/logrotate.conf. Using the
conf file I can set the time for the weekly cron jobs. But this only manages
all the weekly jobs at once. Don't know how to manage all the weekly log
rotation individually.

Jc